Time & Location
Jun 24, 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Brooklyn, 2123 Caton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226, USA
About the Event
Want to learn the science of using botanicals to make great body care products? Don't miss this opportunity to jump start your botanical acumen with local expert, Margarette Medina. Medina has been formulating skin care products for over 20 years, and her history of working with nature's products date back to her childhood. Medina will show you how to use natural butters, plant oils, and botanicals, to get the most out of your skin care. She will share her personal experience while guiding you through the composition of your own cruelty-free creations.
In this course you will learn:
- How to select botanicals for your products
- How to make herbal infusion
- Different vegetable carrier oils profiles.
- Different types of and applications for wax
- Different types of preservatives
- How to formulate body creams, including recipes
- How to formulate body balms, including recipes
- How to formulate whipped body butter, including recipes
- How to formulate body scrubs, including recipes
- The purpose of adding antioxidants to your products.
- Where to buy high quality supplies to make your products
- Participants will receive a valuable handout and will take home their in-class creations.
Note: All supplies and materials included
+$4.25 service fee
+$4.25 service fee0