Sat, May 28|
Skin Care Class - Cream, Balm, Salve, Scrub
Art of Formulating Personal Skin Care
Time & Location
May 28, 2022, 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Brooklyn, 2123 Caton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226, USA
About the Event
Want to learn the science of using botanicals to make great body care products? Don't miss this opportunity to jump start your botanical acumen with local expert, Margarette Medina. Medina has been formulating skin care products for over 18 years, and her history of working with nature's products date back to her childhood in Haiti. Medina will show you how to use natural butters, plant oils, botanicals, and sea salt to get the most out of your skin care. She will share her personal experience while guiding you through the composition of your own cruelty-free creations.
In this course you will learn:
· How to select botanicals for your products
· How to make herbal infusion
· Different types of and applications for wax
· How to formulate body creams, including recipes
· How to formulate body butters, scrubs, including recipes
· How to formulate body scrubs, including recipes
· How to formulate body salve.
· The purpose of adding antioxidants to your products.
· How to package your balms to keep them from becoming grainy
· Where to buy high quality supplies to make your products
Participants will receive a valuable handout and will take home their in-class creations.
Note: Covid19 masks are required to enter the facility.
+$4.25 service fee
All supplies included
+$4.25 service fee0