Sat, May 14|
The Art of Soap Making - An Intermediary Soap Making Class
Time & Location
May 14, 2022, 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM EDT
Brooklyn, 2123 Caton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226, USA
About the Event
Share in the soap making experience with 19-year veteran of the craft and founder of Medina's Natural Body Care, Margarette Medina. Margarette's passion for herbs and natural ingredients is rooted in a childhood watching her grandparents use natural plants to heal ailments of families and neighbors. She will teach share this rich tradition of connecting with natural products to maintain healthy skin. Learn how to formulate beautiful, natural soap from scratch, using the ingredients of your choice. This is a hands-on class, where participants will get all the knowledge required to make amazing soaps. This class is perfect for anyone with a baseline knowledge of soapmaking and would like to start a new business. Leave class with fresh soap of your own creation.
The class includes the following:
· How to safely handle lye
· How to select oils/butters for your soaps
· How to work with different colorants in a batch
· How to incorporate fresh vegetable in your soaps
· How to make herbal infusions.
· How to formulate your own soap using an online lye calculator
· Soap making whirling techniques
· Step-by-step instructions on how to formulate your own recipe plus ready-to-make recipes.
· Where to buy high quality supplies to make your products
Note: Bring a towel to wrap your soap
Covid19 masks are required to enter the facility.
+$3.75 service fee
All supplies included
+$3.75 service fee0